- Is MVI ISO Certified?
MVI is CERTIFIED to ISO 9001:2008 as of 2009.
- What tolerances can you hold for various machining operations?
MVI’s facility is climate controlled at 70 degrees F. Turning and milling we can hold from .0005” to .003” depending on the material, and the size and geometry of the parts being machined. Cylindrical Grinding we can hold .0001” diameter and T.I.R. tolerances to .00005” using electronic proxy probe measuring equipment.
- Does MVI offer Engineering Design services?
No, at this time we Outsource any Engineering Design work, unless it is fixturing used in our machining. Our Manufacturing Engineering dept handles that here at MVI.
- What is your standard lead time to complete a Quote?
We turn around most quotes in 2 to 3 days after receiving them. More complicated projects will take longer. What is our standard lead time for Machining and Fabricating services? Much of the work we do is “Custom”, therefore a Standard Lead Time may not apply. However we strive for a 3 to 6 week operating Lead Time for the majority of the work we do.
- What materials do you have experience machining and fabricating?
We do a lot of plain carbon mild steel fabrications,but also have extensive experience with the following materials:
- Alloy Steels
- Stainless Steel
- Cast Iron
- Ductile Iron
- Do you Stress Relieve the fabrications you make?
Yes, we have a 4’ x 4’ x 8’ Thermal Stress Relieving furnace which handles many of the plain carbon steel fabrications we make. In addition to that, we also have Metal-Lax Vibratory Stress Relieving equipment to Stress Relieve finished parts or non-ferrous fabrications.
- Can you “reverse engineer” my part if I don’t have a print or drawing for it?
Yes we can. We have highly skilled Q.C. Personnel who utilize a FARO CMM Arm to document and detail your part(s) for duplication.
- Can you convert that “reverse engineering” into a CAD drawing or file?
Yes we can. We use AUTOCAD and can supply a file for your records.
- Can you import my CAD file into your system for programming?
Yes we can. We use Virtual Gibbs for our CNC programming and can import almost any CAD file, pick the appropriate geometry and define the cutting paths for our CNC equipment.
- It sounds like you have a great operation, do you give tours of your facility?
Yes, please contact via our Contact Us page and we will work with you to set-up a facility tour.